Sunday, April 25, 2010

Week 15: Kashmiri Paneer


Yep, we're still eating vegetarian. This week I decided to experiment with paneer, a sort of pressed cheese - basically it's like taking the curds from cottage cheese and pressing them into a solid block. To be honest, it's kind of tasteless, but it has a texture I really like, so that makes it a great vehicle for sauces. I expect it to be using it quite a bit more. It also browns quite nicely, adding that bit of flavour.

I got this from here, a great blog on quick Indian cooking. I'm finding Indian vegetarian to be really great - the sauces are so flavourful that it kind of compensates for the lack of meat.

This week, baked beans. It's not that I've never made baked beans before, it's just that I'm still looking for a really good recipe. I've found one that seems promising, so we'll see how it turns out! And it's a great excuse to make cornbread.

No comments:

Post a Comment