Sunday, January 30, 2011

Recipe: Veggie stuffed twice baked potatoes


My kids go to a great daycare centre. One of the things I like is that they have a full time cook, and since my kids apparently eat everything they are offered at daycare, she must be doing something right!

Last week the bigger kiddo told me I just HAD to make 'the yummy potatoes we had for lunch today'. After some consultation with the cook, I came up with these, which I guess were close enough to be eaten today at lunch with great enthusiasm.

Twice Baked Vegetable Stuffed Potatoes

Bake however many potatoes you want until they are done (it's handy to start them in the microwave and then finish them in the oven if that will take too long). Let them cool off a bit, then slice in half and scoop out the interiors of the potatoes, reserving the insides in a large bowl. Put the skins back in the oven for about 10 minutes.

Meanwhile, mix the filling. I didn't really measure, but for 5 potatoes I used about a tablespoon of butter, about a half cup of grated cheddar cheese, a few tablespoons of grated Parmesan, a half cup of thawed frozen corn, and a half a cup of thawed frozen peas. Mix all that together with the potato interiors.

Dump the veggie mixture into the potato skins and bake another ten minutes or so. Serve with some grated Parmesan on top. Kid friendly! Carrots or spinach or broccoli would work nicely for the filling as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment