Saturday, March 6, 2010

Week 9: White Chicken Enchiladas


This is probably cheating, since I have, technically, made these before. However, the first time I made this I couldn't get the key ingredient, the canned chiles, and so I declare this to be a new recipe.

What? It's my blog project, I can get away with that. And, frankly, the chiles do rather change the dish completely.

The recipe is from The Pioneer Woman (find it here), and the results are very good. I used homemade flour tortillas instead of corn, which was the only substantial change. Oh, and milk instead of cream, which works OK but the resulting filling was a bit on the dry side. They were still pretty damn tasty!

One other change - I used cheddar instead of Monteray Jack cheese, because I accidentally bought WAY too much cheddar. I think these would be better with the Jack cheese, so next time I make them hopefully I won't have a kilo and a half of cheddar in the fridge. Just couldn't justify buying even more cheese when there was already over a kilogram there!



(the homemade salsa is key - just finely diced tomatos, onions, some crush garlic, salt, and cilantro. and a bit of diced up canned chile).

No comments:

Post a Comment