Monday, March 23, 2009

Circle Mei Tai


Another Mei Tai - this one is lighter weight for summer, plus the colours and pattern seem spring and summery to me, and after a long winter stuck inside with a crazy three year old and a newborn, I am READY for spring!

Body fabric is IKEA FREDRIKA. Mei Tai is a basic design, this time with the bottom straps sewn in X-box style rather than my more usual method of sewing the bottom straps as a continuous panel. Hidden layer of canvas, as usual, with a plain blue lightweight inner layer.

Action shot!
I also had her on my back in this one, but forgot to take pictures. I like the wider lightly padded straps for front carries, but they don't work as well for back carries. I'm not big on the back stuff right now anyway, it makes me too nervous not to be able to keep a hand on her and see what she's up to. Plus the last time I had her on my back she started licking my neck. Ewwwwwww.

I'm thinking of trying a buckle-tai if I can get my hands on some reasonably priced webbing and buckles - I love my Mei Tais but for things like quick trips into the grocery store messing around with the straps is kind of a pain.

I have a few other completed projects waiting for photographs. Diaper bag for the Etsy shop, the prototype for the doll Mei Tais (that one I need a willing model, but alas my model has been a bit under the weather and uncooperative!). And very soon I think I need to start sewing larger diapers for the baby. For some reason she just keeps growing...

No comments:

Post a Comment