Saturday, June 19, 2010

Week 23: Cauliflower Cheese Pie

Wow, being back to work full time is taking some definite getting used to. I'm going to be making a lot of quick cooking recipes, I think, as I try to get dinner on the table within a half hour of getting home from work. And making lots of recipes that make large quantities of leftovers for lunches.

This week, I tried out a new recipe that was recommended somewhere or other as working well in the freezer. So I made it Sunday, froze it, and we ate it for dinner on Thursday.

Moosewood's Cauliflower Cheese Pie

Verdict? OMG SO GOOD. The potato crust is absolutely brilliant, and I plan to adapt it for other savory pie type things. The only change I would make is another egg or two, my version didn't have quite enough filling, but that's the sort of thing that's easy to play by ear when putting the pie together.

I'm making another version this week, a broccoli/carrot/cheddar one. Hopefully my new camera (YAY!) will be up the task and I can start posting pictures again!

No comments:

Post a Comment