Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Week 24: Rainbow Peanut Noodles

This recipe? Awesome. I don't know why it took me so long to discover the deliciousness of peanut based dressings. This is a terrific recipe for using up the random vegetables you have stashed in the fridge, too, there's lots of things that would work really well.

http://splendidtable.publicradio.org/recipes/pasta_peanut.html

I made a batch of this and stuck it in the fridge to eat for lunch at work this week. I tossed everything together, including the dressing, which in retrospect I wouldn't do again - the noodles wind up absorbing the dressing, and they are good, but I think I would like it better freshly dressed. So next time I'll toss together the noodles and veggies, but pack the dressing seperately.

Instead of chicken, I used tofu, which works very nicely (I'm not really a tofu fan, but for me it works here because frankly you don't even really realize it's there). I also cut way back on the garlic, since 8 cloves of raw garlic seemed like a good way to scare the hell out of my new coworkers. I increased the soy sauce in the dressing, but I didn't really measure the ingredients and so wound up I think adding way more peanut butter than the recipe calls for. Which meant on the first taste, it was too peanut-y. More soy sauce balanced it out nicely. Oh, and I used rice vinegar instead of the called for vinegar.

Definite keeper recipe!

No comments:

Post a Comment