Sunday, August 16, 2009

So close


Almost there. Almost.

I did pick a few things this morning! That's the last cucumber, as the plants have committed suicide. Ah well. And the carrots could use another week, probably, before I dig them up, they are still on the small side. The tomato is one of the heirloom varieties; you can't see it in this picture, but it's not completely red, it has orange blotches all over it. I think I'll slice it up to try it at lunch today.


My battle to keep the basil from bolting is becoming increasingly difficult, so I've started pulling it. Going to make pesto this afternoon, and probably tomorrow as well when I pull the rest of the plants. Stick it in the freezer, and we'll have lots of pesto on hand for quick meals! I'll be interested to see if the purple basil tastes different from the regular basil.

No comments:

Post a Comment