Saturday, May 1, 2010
These are made with instructions from Salley Mavor's Felt Wee Folk. The instructions are very easy to follow, although I did make a few modifications! Mavor is very attached to acorn hats, for example, and I just couldn't get acorns big enough, so I improvised felt hats instead. And my aesthetic definitely tends a lot more towards bold primary colours.
For these, I used prepainted beads for the heads I found at Micheal's - I wasn't sure I wanted to tackle painting faces, and they were actually the only wooden beads I was able to find locally that were even remotely suitable.
I definitely highly recommend the book if you want to try making these yourself.
I decided to try my hand at some creative photos with these. Fortunately they are so cute they make it easy.
My older daughter is having her fifth birthday party tomorrow, so I actually made 11 of these dolls for party favours - we're expecting 6 guests, so this way everyone will get to choose one, with a few left over.
And the whole gang:
Tomorrow, the fairy tale grouping I teased yesterday. Need to retake the photos of that one, they came out a bit blurry for some reason.