Sunday, May 16, 2010

Week 18: Parmesan Chickpeas


Oh my.

I could eat this all day long.

I found this recipe on Dana Treat's blog, and it is SO GOOD.

And best of all? Ridiculously easy. Use the best quality ingredients you can, and prepare for deliciousness!

I do think it's important for this one to cook the chickpeas yourself, instead of using canned. Canned chickpeas are great for dips and dishes where they are cooked in a sauce, but here the actual taste of the chickpeas is very central to the dish, and I think canned ones would taste kind of funny.

I used a good quality (expensive!) Parmesan, because that's what I had in the fridge, but any sort of hard grating cheese would work, I expect.

Parmesan Chickpeas

2 cups (or so) cooked chickpeas
juice of one lemon (some zest from that lemon would be a nice touch, too)
1 1/2 tbsp olive oil
3/4 tsp kosher salt
ground pepper to taste
1/4-1/3 cup ground hard cheese - I chopped up some parmesan and then whizzed it around in the food processor for 20 seconds or so to grind it into small chunks.

Mix all ingredients together. Taste and adjust the seasoning. Serve room temperature.

1 comment:

Dana said...

I'm so glad you trusted me! I am totally the kind of person who would look at that recipe and think, too simple. But now you know the deliciousness that simple can be. :)

Post a Comment