Friday, September 25, 2009

It's babywearing week!

It's International Babywearing Week, and while I find the term babywearing itself a bit, well, babywearying (hahahahahaha - OK, I totally stole that from someone else), I can't think of a better name, so what the heck, yay babywearing!

Me with the baby in a sling:


And yes, I made that sling, back when kid #1 was a baby. It's been very useful, especially at this age (almost a year), because it makes hip carrying so much easier.

Both of my kids have actually really liked the stroller, so I haven't worn them as much as I might have, but boy I do love my carriers. And when we made the INSANE decision to take the family to Disney when #2 was only 5 weeks old, the carriers were invaluable. I don't think I could have done that trip without the mei tai and the wrap. #2 pretty much just nursed and slept in the carriers for 10 days. And I got quite a good workout lugging her around everywhere!

How cute is this?

That would be me, being worn by my mom! Yay for babywearing.

(looking to buy a carrier? I highly recommend Steph at Babywear Boutique. My gorgeous Ellaroo wrap came from Steph's store, although I can't seem to find any decent pictures of me actually using it. One of the perils of always being the one behind the camera!)

No comments:

Post a Comment