Sunday, October 25, 2009

Diaper bag: Laurie


And she's done! I have to say, the pictures do not do this bag justice at all. I think it's my favourite bag I've ever made, actually.

The combination of fabrics on the flap is really just terrific - sometimes getting the proportions right on the stripes is a little tricky, and you never know if you've got it right or wrong until you actually finish sewing it together. I'm thinking I might make up a few things with these fabrics, since I have more of each. Maybe a couple of sets of placements to be Christmas presents. of course, that would mean finding enough time in the day to sew things like that!


Back view. I find this long zippered pocket really handy on my bag, for my wallet and important papers and that sort of thing.

And she'll be off to her new home soon! I hope she has a long and useful life.

No comments:

Post a Comment