Sunday, December 20, 2009

24 Days of Christmas: Day 20. Christmas Tree Ornaments

Every year I try to make a couple of new ornaments for the Christmas tree. These are a few of the ones I've done in past years. I haven't figured out this year's ornament yet! And I'm running out of time...Clothespin angels are very easy. I have a whole bunch of them, and they are some of my favourite ornaments. Simply wrap a clothespin with yarn to make the body, then glue ribbon into place for wings, and add something pretty to the front. And you are done!


You can draw in a face if you like; I actually prefer to leave them plain. The possibilities are endless! Mine are all variations of white/silver/gold, but I'd love to add some red/green/gold ones to the collection. I keep an eye out for discount wired ribbon, it makes the best wings.

The lizard was made of salt dough a few years ago, dried, then painted. I like lizards. Obviously.

The star is a plain wooden shape, painted, covered in glitter, with beads wrapped around. I have quite a few of these, they add a nice sparkle to the tree.


Salt dough again - dead easy to make, and you can paint them an infinite number of ways! For this one, after the paint dried, I also added some puffy paint around the edges for dimension.


Finally, this Christmas tree is made of beads and wire. Not hard to do if you can find the right beads and wire!

I'm thinking this year I'd like to sew some ornaments, but I haven't figured out what just yet. Maybe some felt doves, those are fairly easy and fast. I might have to go dig out my felt later tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment