Friday, July 10, 2009

I will sew again, I promise

A while ago someone asked how I have the time for the sewing, what with a preschooler and a baby and all.

Part of it is that the baby is pretty easy - sleeps well, eats well, not fussy, and so forth. And the four year old is relatively independent.

But the real secret is that I'll go weeks at a time without sleeping that much, five or six hours a night. So after the kids go to bed I'll spend a few hours sewing. But once a month or so it catches up to me and I find myself crashed out at 8 pm for a day or two days or three days, and the last couple of days have been like that. So, no sewing, which is a bit of a problem since I have a couple of custom orders I need to get started on! Today, the fabric store to pick up some materials. Tonight, SEWING!

Anyway, in the absence of crafty stuff, isn't my zucchini pretty? We picked that out of the garden yesterday, cut it into spears, coated it in olive oil and garlic, stuck it under the broiler for 5 minutes and then sprinkled it with parmesan. YUM.

And there's plenty more where that came. We are going to be SO sick of zucchini in a few weeks, I have a feeling...

No comments:

Post a Comment