Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Milton Community Garden


A quick tour of the Milton Community Garden. We have two water tanks the town fills for us.

edit: I'm getting quite a few hits to this entry from people searching 'Milton community garden'. If you want more information about the garden (like how to get a plot for yourself!), send an email to miltoncommunitygarden@gmail.com for more information.

The whole thing. I believe there are 22 plots right now with two more in progress (cardboard and soil laid over the grass to kill it so they can be tilled up in the fall in preparation for next spring).


Another view of the whole thing. My plot is next to the water tank in the distance - great location! Less walking for me, especially since I usually use the watering cans for watering.


My plot, with oddly dressed helper child. Welcome to the tomato jungle.


I've pulled most of the lettuce and planted another round, so the front part of the plot is looking a little bare right now!


Once you go in to the tomato jungle, you'll never come out! I should prune these - really, I have been, but they're growing so big at this point I don't even know where to start so I've kind of given up!

No comments:

Post a Comment