Tuesday, November 17, 2009
A reminder of what I started with on this rapidly becoming epic project.
How it looks right now! The interior is almost done - the trim in the green room needs one coat of paint, but that's the last thing, other than the curtains, which I'm still figuring out.
Aren't those chairs cute? I got them from an Etsy seller, and very reasonably priced. I'm not including them in the cost, for that I'm just accounting for anything used on the dollhouse itself. The other thing in the blue room is a folding screen I made out of popsicle sticks and some elastic from my sewing stash.
I found this set of wooden painted letters at the dollar store and just couldn't resist using them to decorate the kid's room.
This doesn't look much different in the picture, but in real life you can tell! Two coats of white semi-gloss paint from the paint cupboard. And now that that is done, it's time to figure out decorating the outside! I'm going to trim the windows in popsicle sticks (of course!) painted lavender and see how that looks. Also I have to install a hook and eye to hold the doors closed, as they tend to swing open.
Spent on wooden letters: $1
Total spent to date: $16