Sunday, November 29, 2009

Handmade Christmas: Superhero cape

If you are my sister in law, don't let your kids see this post!

Seriously!

Make them leave!

Now!

OK, if they are gone:



A superhero cape for my nephew. My skills with applique are just as bad as always, but it's pretty cute, if I do say so myself. Mostly the problem was the fabric I choose was a real bitch to work with.



From the front. It can also be reversed with the plain blue side out.

This is a very easy little project - I'd say it took me about an hour altogether. You could whip these up super fast if you didn't want to do the applique! I used these instructions, although once I drew out the pattern I thought it looked short so I added a few inches, and I did the actual sewing part completely differently because the written instructions seemed overly complicated and I am all about fast and simple.

No comments:

Post a Comment