Saturday, June 20, 2009

Baby bibs


Every bib I've ever purchased has been disappointing in some way. You wouldn't think something so simple would turn out to be so problematic! But it's true.

My personal bib preference is for something with a water proof back, since daughter #2 is a drooler, and just slapping on any old bib will still mean soaking wet clothes once the drool hits it. But most store bibs have cheap vinyl on the backside, which starts to disintegrate after maybe 2 trips through the wash.

These bibs use Procare on the back - a truly waterproof fabric that is designed for use in diapers and mattress pads, and can stand up to as many trips through the wash as you want.


The flannel on the front provides absorbancy.


And come on, how cute are these frogs!

Have I mentioned how much I love my labels? Oh, I have? Well I still love them!



The other thing I hate about most bibs are the velcro closures. The velcro gets stuck all over everything in the wash, and it's just a generally huge pain. Snaps all the way, baby. And since these snaps are generally used for cloth diapers, they will also stand up to being washed over and over and over again.

I think I'll probably PDF-ize this pattern and offer it as a freebie, so that can people can see my pattern making style (lots of pictures, lots of detail!). Plus it'll be good practice in making a pattern that has to span over two pages.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Let me know when you post the patterns - I had been trying to figure out a baby shower gift that was a bit faster than making a whole quilt . . . I should have known you'd come to the rescue.
Carolyn E-M

Post a Comment