Friday, June 12, 2009

Doll Mei Tais


I am very fond of my Mei Tais, and daughter number 2 spends a fair amount of time being carted around in one. Naturally, daughter number 1 decided she needed a Mei Tai of her own, and after the fourth or fifth time she stole one of mine and got herself tied up in it (HELP ME MAMA!!!), I decided to make her one of her own. And that led to the creation of a pattern.

This is a very simple Mei Tai, and it goes on a child just like a regular Mei Tai - which means they generally require some help. I have a pattern designed for a version that a child can get in and out of themselves, but there are still some kinks to work out of that one, so for now I'm just making the standard style.

If my model cooperates this afternoon, I'll get some better pictures of her wearing it and get the ones I have made listed in the Etsy shop.


I really like this fabric; I wish I'd gotten more of it! Also I wish I hadn't screwed up the first two Mei Tais, I'd have more of this fabric left!

No comments:

Post a Comment