Thursday, June 25, 2009

The garden


We got caught outside early this afternoon in a massive thunderstorm. And yet somehow, when we went by the garden later on, it was clear the rain did NOT actually fall there! So we still had to water.


The heat wave we've been having has been pretty good for the plants! Check out the Nasturtiums, which just started blooming. And the tomatoes are looking great. I've added the netting for future use supporting the plants, but I'm going to run down to Lee Valley and pick up some tomato spirals for the plants that won't be under the netting.


The peas. I find them such an amazing plant to watch grow. I still haven't managed to improve the trellis, though!


The whole thing. The lettuce is starting to turn bitter, so I should really pull it out and stick something else in there. I'm also trying to decide what to do about my peppers - they just aren't growing at all. My zucchini is also making me sad - the fruits are just yellowing and falling off, which is sign of various potential problems with the soil, so I may not get much out of them. Ah well, there's always next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment